Writer

writer noun
1 a person whose job is writing books, stories, articles, etc.: writers of poetry a travel / cookery, etc. writer

2 a person who has written a particular thing: the writer of this letter

3 (with an adjective) a person who forms letters in a particular way when they are writing: a messy writer



Writers are all liars.

As
Haruki Murakami rightly said in his Jerusalem Prize speech, it's the novelists' job to tell lies. By telling lies novelists "bring truth out to a new location and shine a new light on it".

I think it's the same for all writers other than novelists.

Writers write many different kinds of things. With words writers create a reality of ideas and emotions.

Writers create, instead of representing things truthfully.

The reality writers created belongs no more to its maker. Writers can no longer manipulate what's been written, and are no longer responsible for its interpretation.

Liars will never interpret nor explain the lies told; writers do not dissect the reality created.

When I studied in the university, my supervisor always asked me to explain the things I had written. He either had no time to even glance through my works, or they're really badly written. I guess it happens all the time in that kind of setting, not only me, go ask every philosophy student.

But now we have this thing called Internet. We write in blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and commenting on others' writings all over different places.

I enjoy writing in these places, or else you won't be reading this.

But I must tell you again, that writers are liars.

Whenever people get serious about my writings, it becomes so unbearably nauseous. I feel like I am about to be forced to dissect the lies I told.

Most importantly, whenever people get serious with my writing, they almost always don't get what I have written.

Writers are all liars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment