Anything

any•thing pron.
1 used instead of something in negative sentences and in questions; after if/whether; and after verbs such as prevent, ban, avoid: Would you like anything else? There’s never anything worth watching on TV. If you remember anything at all, please let us know. We hope to prevent anything unpleasant from happening. The difference between anything and something is the same as the difference between any and some. Look at the notes there.
2 any thing at all, when it does not matter which: I’m so hungry, I’ll eat anything. 3 any thing of importance: Is there anything (= any truth) in these rumours?


"I can be anything", a friend wrote. He wanted to start a blog based on that idea, but he didn't make it happen.

When we're young, we never understand that we can be anything. We tend to think that we all have a destiny. "I will definitely become certain something."

I never
before imagined that I'd have become what I am now. It was entirely unthinkable.

We all learned after a while, for some it takes longer, others quicker, that we can be anything.

Life is a possibility, instead of necessity. We create, instead of realising what is determined.

But without necessity other than mortality, life becomes so light. We don't know how to make our choice. Everything is possible, everything is not necessary.

My friend didn't start that blog. I guess he never will. It's also one of the possibilities he realised. He could have been anything, including nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment